Counseling & Mental Health
Welcome to the Carmichael Middle School Counseling page!Check out our CMS Holiday Mental Health Flyer for tips on how to manage holiday stress and a list of mental health resources!
Check out our Counseling Corner Newsletter for December 2020 for holiday resources and much more.
What do we do?
- Personal/Social Development
- Provide the foundation for personal/social growth as students progress through school and into adulthood.
- Academic Development
- Implement strategies and activities to support and maximize each student's ability to learn.
- Career Development
- Provide the foundation for the acquisition of skills, attitudes and knowledge that enable students to make a successful transition from school to the world of work, and from job to job across the life span.
How we can help...
- Strategies and support for improving grades
- Organizational, test-taking, and study skills
- Improving self-advocacy and comfort working with teachers
- Feeling down or suicidal (or reporting a friend)
- Concerns about being bullied or reporting bullying
- Friendship help and mediating conflict with peers
- Learning more about career options and life after high school
- Personal and family challenges (e.g., mental health, substance abuse, conflict)
- Community Resources (e.g., financial help, counseling, medical needs)